With the average cost of a funeral rising
30% in the last five years to £2,500 in 2008, you can't afford not
to shop around in the current economic climate. Making and paying for
the final arrangements for your loved one are among the most important
expenditures you will ever have to make so be sure you know what you are
getting for your money.
MW Funeral Directors provide a professional yet highly personalised
and individual service from just £999.
On your behalf, we will make all of the arrangements with the church
or crematorium of your choice and will provide a quality Oak or Elm effect
casket together with the hearse, bearers and conductor on the day to make
sure everything runs smoothly.
Alternatively, you may choose a different style of coffin. See our upgrade
prices and coffin types listed below. Please ask for more information when considering
Collection within the Bristol area is free, but you may be subject to
an additional £45 if this is outside of working hours or if collection
takes place outside of Bristol.
Every funeral will use external services at a cost known as disbursements.
Disbursements are cost that are additional to the Funeral Directors
costs. Please see overview below.
Cremation costs charged to us vary between sites. At Canford Crematorium
the rate is £485 and at Westerleigh it is £525. Two doctor's
letter will be required at a cost of £142, these are required
to allow a cremation to take place.
Ministers fees vary, usually between £90 and £150 and are
applicable to cremation or church funerals.
As an optional extra we can also arrange limousine hire from our fleet
for £140 each. Other services include dressing, hygienic treatment,
flowers and the order of service. All are priced to order and are not
billed without your consent.
We are happy to discuss your question/requirements and will be happy
to support you through this difficult time. If you would like a no obligation
quote or simply to meet with us to dicsuss your requirements then please
call 01179 504 100, or click the button below to fill out our enquiry
form and we will contact you.
MW Funeral Directing Costs £999.00
- Professional Fees
- Collection within Bristol during working hours (outside working hours
£45 addition, further distance will be extra).
- Care and preparation of deceased for funeral
- Simple Oak or Elm Effect Coffin
- Meeting Family at crematorium/church on day of service with Hearse,
Bearers and Conductor
Extras (if required)
- Limo are £140.00 each
- Dressing £45.00
- Hygienic Treatment (embalming) £100.00
- Order of Service (TBD)
Coffin Upgrades Costs
- Simple Veneer Coffin £170.00
- Tewkesbury Routed £225.00
- Solid Coffins £580.00
- Casket £1050.00
- Bamboo Coffin upgrade £200.00
- Standard Willow Coffin £420.00
- Somerset Willow Coffin £700.00
- Cremation Fees for Canford Crematorium from £485.00, for Westerleigh
Crematorium for £525.00
- Dr Letters £142.00 (required for cremation)
- Minister fees from around £86.00, most often £150.00
- Church Fees vary from £85.00 to £300.00+ depending on the
Flowers for the Coffin
- Large (4.5ft - 5ft) Rose Coffin Spray with mixed seasonal flowers
- Small (3.5ft - 4ft) Rose Coffin Spray with mixed seasonal flowers £75.00
- Large (4.5ft - 5ft) Gerbera Coffin Spray with mixed seasonal flowers
- Small (3.5ft - 4ft) Gerbera Coffin Spray with mixed seasonal flowers
- Hand Tied Sheaf with Roses, mixed flowers and greenery £60.00
- Hand Tied Sheaf with seasonal mixed flowers and greenery £45.00
- Other flowers and flower arrangements available, costs on request.